Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Seriously?

So, I have been all geared up for this new season God has been preparing for us. He has given me a glimpse of what was to come and a sense that it was not a long way off. So, I began doing what I do best, well in my opinion at least, I began planning and preparing. I made my list and became Rob's favorite pushy little broad. We were and are moving at a high speed to get ourselves ready for the new season we are about to embark upon.

Did you hear that? The sound of tires screeching to a hault? That would be me. Thank you very much. You might have even heard a few choice words come out as well saying what the heck is the holdup? Who is up there holding this thing up? Oh, excuse me sir, I didn't see you. Yes, Father, I will kindly get out of your driver's seat and find my booster seat in the back. Yes, sir, I remember us talking about me staying out of the front seat and how it was not good for me or anyone else for that matter. Um, Father, can I please have my sippy cup as I crawl in the back? Thank you, yes, I love you too!

You get the picture. This is a strange one though- I'll tell you. We are so excited about the new season and we were transitioning pretty smoothly and the only reason I am struggling with this is because I forgot that everything- EVERYTHING- even the good fun stuff happens in His timing and not mine. I am realizing that He has a few more things to do in us and through us before we enter the next season. Perhaps it's time for a Gilgal moment before we watch Him crumble the walls before us like dust. For so long I have longed to reach our Promised Land and I know God has been taking us out of the desert and leading us there and when I stop long enough I can see He is most definitely up to something.

He knows what He is doing and He has every intention of continuing this journey with us but first we have a little business to take care of and being this close to the Promised Land i certainly do not want to fail Him now. He has been so faithful to us and I know whatever is standing between me and the coming season is God planned and so it's all ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment