
TEXAS!!!!
That's right people we are headed back to Rob's motherland which if you are a Texan is the only land!
We have known for a while that God is calling us into a new season and that season is to start with a sabbatical. Time for us to focus on our family and allow God to reshape things in us. We have been going hard and fast for 10 years and sense God is redirecting us and it's time to slow down long enough to hear His voice. So, we prayed and looked at several places to go and would you believe it was I, yes moi, who suggested Texas. Well, actually it was the Holy Spirit to me then to Rob- but you get the idea. I don't think Rob knew whether to laugh or cry when I suggested it but he finally is allowing himself to believe it.
We have been so blessed in this time here in PA. We have had a chance to be close to some of my family who I didn't live close to growing up so it was fun to get to know each other. The local church here blessed us immensely with an amazing home and friendship. Rob went back to school and I was in a safe place to face the Great Depression and heal from some old wounds.
We are now excited about this new chapter in life that is just around the corner. Excited to see what God is planning for us. All I can say is that I keep feeling like God is saying that it's the missing piece of the puzzle. Oh and how awesome is it that I will be close enough to catch a Beth Moore study live?! Ohhhh and to go back and visit Ecclesia! Oh and let us not forget the fine cuisine that awaits us and helped Houston attain the honor of being the fattest city for several years running! And you know my in-laws can barely contain themselves over the idea of being full time grandparents....lord help us all! ;)
My hearts aches because to be close to Rob's wonderful family means we are far from my precious family. It will be hard to not be a few hours away but rather a few days away but I know God will help comfort those aches when they come- and oh will they come. Especially in the Fall when I long for the crisp air, wonderful clothes and pumpkin patch playing. But I am assured by my TX family that we can find substitutes within a few hours drive- we shall see.
So, please pray for this move. The timing has been real hazy and I currently sit in a house half packed. (Which is driving me bananas!!!!) Our hearts are ready to go but as I said recently God has us doing just a few more laps before He lets us go.
Thanks for listening, Y'all! =)
Amy, I am so happy for your family and this new season you are entering. May God's blessings be on you as you follow Him and His leading. By the way, if you need a few ideas of ways to keep the young ones busy on the road, I may be able to help. We just finished our cross country drive in June. Happy packing!
ReplyDeleteIf you are ever in Nashville, on your way through, we would love to see you guys!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry so late in responding, ladies! The kids and I are flying so we won't get to stop and see anyone and I am hoping a few new spcial toys will keep the kids busy on the direct flight. phew! I was not looking forward to that drive! Any tips on flying alone with two little ones?
ReplyDeleteJoyce, You are forever one of my most favorite people! I will pray for you as God is moving you into new/old places. He has already brought you to so many good places I am excited to hear what He has in store for you next! All my love!
ReplyDelete