Florida is actually full of memories for me. Mostly wonderful memories but there are some painful ones as well. The ones of feeling so awkward and and less than next to my beautiful cousins who seemed to always be in touch with the latest trend and up on all things cool. In fact on this last visit one of these said cousins pulled out an old video of all of us from around 1991ish. Can we just say LATE BLOOMER! It was hilarious to see and yet I still remember how out of place I felt.
We all have our own hangups. Those things that have a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect them! The older I get the more aware I have become of those sneaky little triggers and am able to try and prepare for them.
Which I did before heading on vacation. And let me tell you, it was wonderful. Never have I felt so comfortable and confident. Knowing that I am who God has made me to be and no less or more than anyone else. What a wonderful time it was to celebrate each other and know who I am.
I am thankful to be one of of 4 granddaughters, the youngest. Four beautiful and unique women all precious and amazing to the Creator of all things....our Father. I am thankful for the work He has done in me to show me my true value and worth. I am thankful that He saw my beauty and worth when all I could see was an awkward girl with her shirt tucked in, huge classes and a bad haircut. I am thankful that even now when my hangups are less about my appearance and more about my accomplishments He doesn't see what I see but He sees beauty and my hope is one day I will see myself as He truly sees me.
![]() |
| My sister, Kristina, My cousins, Jennifer and Rhonda and me. |

Amy, you are so beautiful, inside and out. I so enjoyed our short time together. I'm not saying this because I love you, but to tell you TRUTH. You should never feel awkward or 'less than'. We are made of the same cloth. From two amazing, beautiful women.I believe God made our teenage years awkward for a reason; to mold us in to the people we are to become. With the mold of the '4 granddaughters', he hit perfection! A perfect mesh of Hernandez/Vega/Elias. I adore you.
ReplyDelete