There is a reason I named my blog "Are We There Yet?". I am so not patient! I want to hurry up and get to the main event. It's why I hated being engaged and I hated being pregnant the second time around. It's why I am always in a rush and my husband who has legs taller then my whole body has to work to keep up with me. I am always rushing to get to things done. To check things off my list to feel accomplished. I usually don't take much time before I am looking for the next main event to rush off to.
I am not sure if it's just because I am growing up a bit or if it's something the Holy Spirit has been working extra hard to get me to understand. But I am finally realizing that the journey leading up to the main even is just as important as getting it done. It's in the process that I am prepared, pruned, beautified, broken, anticipating and surrendering. Without the journey sometimes the main event leaves me feeling restless or disappointed. It's not near as rich or satisfying as when I allow myself to embrace the journey. And this always rushing to the next main event leaves me no time to rest in what God has just done in me or for me. I get no opportunity to feel the joy and peace that comes with the morning light.
So, here we are ready to embark on a new season of change and I am working real hard to enjoy the journey. To allow Father God to prepare me and the coming season. I am surprised how little anxiety I am feeling about the impending season of change. Out of habit I feel as if I "should" be impatient and I should be freaking out but instead I feel a peace knowing that My Father hears me and He rescues me (Psalm 55:17)
The hardest part of this transition season is knowing where He is leading us and longing for it but then having to wait until He works out the details. My heart is already in the next season while my body is still in the old. So, as much as I want to say, Are we there yet? Are we?Are we? I am choosing to embrace what He is doing in us right now and letting everything else to Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment