Not long ago I went through an amazing Lenten journey that opened my eyes and ears to what God wanted to do in me. How He wanted to teach me how to live a life I was created to live. A healthy one...a comfortable one....an active one. A life full of accomplishments that seemed to be just out of my reach and not meant for me to ever live.
I was obedient.
I worked.
I died.
I lived.
I LOVED IT!!!!!
Then those dreaded waves of depression crashed against me with such force that even though I tried to hold strong I soon succumbed to their mighty pull. It didn't take long before I was almost right back to where I started. Right back to the discomfort and old routine. I made excuses and blamed the medication, the withdrawals, the stress, the depression, the election...ok maybe not the election, but you get the picture. None of it was my fault.
None of it was my fault, I had good reason, right?! Then why did I keep hearing a voice asking- what about Lent? What about what Father had said? What about living a life of freedom and honoring the sacrifice Jesus made? What about enjoying what God designed me for? None of that had changed. All the excuses in the world amount to one thing.....blatant disobedience. Blimey- that sucks!
I can't wait for Spring to experience Lent all over again. It's now....it's tomorrow....it's ongoing.
No comments:
Post a Comment