Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Toot Toot!

That's right I am tooting my own horn! Operation No More Diapers started this past Monday for my son. And let me tell you that there is nothing I despise about being a mommy to little ones more than potty training. I expressed my disdain for this activity daily while training my daughter....perhaps that is why it didn't work at first. Anyway,  I wish I could toot my own horn about the potty training process but really it's all Sam. He is doing awesome and I am so proud of him! May I just say- he has pooped in the potty twice, kept his bed dry for nap and bedtime and has had no accidents all day and it's only day 2. I am so proud...sniffle, sniffle, teardrop!

So if it is not my amazing potty training skills that I am bragging about what is it that I am so feeling good about myself for???? Doing it all with NO CAFFEINE! Y'all I am exhausted! This raising little children is not easy! I am tired all the time! I used to exist and thrive by drinking caffeine in the form of a wonderfully cold crisp Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper,  or Diet Coke. But alas, no more. Not since I realized in a rather painful way that this wonderful substance created by God for mothers is actually poison to my body. Not poison as it is not that great for the general population, no I am talking driving me crazy- literally- poisonous for me.

So since I have been pouring this stuff into my body since I was pregnant with Malinda I am very proud that here during this intense week of teaching my son a new life skill  I am doing it all decaffeinated and although I can barely keep my eyes open as I type this and have no energy to be witty or clever I am tooting away tooting my own horn and feeling pretty darn proud to have taken this step toward a healthier way!

3 comments:

  1. We are having no luck getting Aaron potty trained. He wants nothing to do with it! We thought having older brothers would make it easier.... he wants to copy them leaping off of 6 feet high monkey bars, but ask him to sit on the potty for 5 minutes and he runs screaming!

    Good for you on the no caffeine resolve! I gave up pop a couple weeks ago myself. I am not against caffeine, but I watched this amazing video about the effects of high amounts of sugar on the body and I realized that it is indeed poison. Most of us Americans are slowly and happily ruining our bodies and sabotaging the amazing processes God put in place to be healthy! I have been reading an incredible blog about taking care of our bodies through eating real food and you might like it: http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/

    I know I mentioned it on Facebook, but it really inspired me to change... not to be on a diet or lose weight (though I have been), but to get this worn out, neglected temple fixed back up... you know?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know if Sam was just ready for potty training or if it was the technique or God just having mecy on us all, but I have been surprised- pleasantly!

    Well, I realized that the caffeine was really intensifying my hormonal shifts and literally left me in a pile of tears and confusion. So, I am leaving it behind and trying to think of ways to become more healthy. I will definitely check out that blog. I am trying to shift from weightloss mode (which isn't cutting it) and looking at how to be more healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I love this!!!! What an amazing blog!!!! And they always come at the right time!!! I am going through something that is completely irrelevant to what you just said, but it ministers to me in such volumes! (this is going to be in my husbands name, but I love you Ams!!!)

    Maya

    ReplyDelete