Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Jolt of Reality

I was walking along on the treadmill enjoying the sweat pouring down my face and thinking about the rest of the coming day. What we would be doing, what I needed to do, what we would eat....you know important stuff. When I was jolted back into reality by the images of people. People shot, bloody and laying in the streets. Little boys crying over the bodies of whom I can only imagine is a mother or father or favorite uncle. A doctor kneeling in a corner with his face covered by his hands as he tries to make sense of the waste. The waste of life....life.

These are our brothers and sisters who are dying in the streets of their home. Pulled from buses and murdered. Why? Why is this happening? People want to say where is God in this and I say He is heartbroken and present. He is watching as His children fight and kill and destroy one another. This is what He so desperately wanted to save us from. He so wanted to spare us this destruction that He gave His all....His Son. Part of Him.

The tears sting my eyes and a lump wells up in my throat as I think if the people of Syria and the children who are scared and lost. Not just the young children but the grown children as well. I am disgusted and saddened by the reports of men attacking and eating other men. And more so by the people who want to look at the images of this crazed man eating another human being.

I have been through my own personal hell.  A time of being left unprotected and becoming the prey of a broken person. I have walked the path of feeling abandoned and discarded, forgotten. I have had to walk the path back to healing and forgiveness and come to a place of knowing that Father God was there. He was there watching me and longing for things to be made right. He was there and held me close even when I couldn't see it. My heart breaks for the people suffering today. People suffering when there is no reason for it.

He has sent us the Rescuer! He loves us and is throwing us the rope.....if only people would reach out and take hold of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment