Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bending

This isn't how I set out
Not the way I imagined.
I wanted compliance and gentleness
I see only cracks and defiance
I wonder
How can I turn the tide?

It seems impossible
Too broken to fix
The path has become so overgrown
I can't find my way

I do more
I strive more
I stomp and scream more
Maybe if I force it
shove it, yell at it
I will see it bend

Nothing is bending
Nothing yielding
Nothing kneeling

Maybe -just maybe
I am the one who needs to
bend
yield
kneel

Holy Spirit,
wash over me in your gentle way
Speak to me
Saturate me
Empty me of my spirit and fill me with YOU.

Help me find the path
Clear away the distractions and
misplaced priorities
Help me kneel and sit
Sit and wait
Wait and listen
Listen and be
Be and Do.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this poem! I relate!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete