There are those things in life that once you taste or experience them you know that there is no turning back. Like Oreos. I went a good long while never tasting one. It wasn't until I was married a couple of years and watched my husband have a strong connection with all things Oreo that I finally gave in an tried them. I knew almost right a way that I was ruined! As quickly as I realized that I loved these Double Stuffed gifts from heaven I wished I had never tasted them, for now I wanted them. My old favorite plain Vienna Finger cookies just weren't as tasty anymore and I couldn't imagine returning to them after experiencing the scrumptiousness that is an Oreo.
This is exactly how I feel about experiencing community. I can never chooses to go back to plain old vanilla relationships now that I finally get to munch on the double stuffedness of community. Being able to walk life with other imperfect people who long to live the lives they were created to live. People who dare to take the words of Father God seriously and challenge each other to live them out no matter how difficult.
I have had the store brand version of community. The kind that almost tastes right but lacks something. The ones that leave you longing for the real stuff and now that I have tasted the good stuff I am so thankful. So thankful for a Father who gets me and knew I couldn't go much longer without tasting this richness. So thankful for
friends family who have welcomed us in and have made us feel as if they had been saving us a seat at the table and just waiting to pour us a glass of milk to go with the awesomeness of genuine Oreo goodness.
I feel the same way.
ReplyDelete