We found it! Wouldn't you know it was the place we actually visited first. I really didn't blog about that place because I didn't know what to say about it at first. After last night we know it's the place for us. The funny thing is that God started leading us to this place back in 2003 when we lived in New Hampshire.
It was the day we closed the doors on the little church that was supposed to be our first pastorate. We were there for 4 tedious months. A pastor friend called us up and invited us to a local concert and dinner since he knew that it was going to be a rough day for us. So that night we heard for the first time The Robbie Seay band. We bought up as many CDs as we could and listened the heck out of all of them. It was reaching us in the raw places and we couldn't get enough. I then started reading the book Aqua Church by Leonard Sweet in which he highlighted several different churches around the country. One of them was a church in Houston that I kept telling Rob- I want to go there! I felt such a draw to that place.
I finally did get to visit that church and it felt like home. Some nights I would just sit there and cry because I was overwhelmed. Fast forward a few years and that church planted another church. Ecclesia Clear Lake and that is where we find ourselves today. Similar sense of coming home and we are so looking forward to building relationship with this group of people.
Yay!!!! Such great news! I just love it when you find your "home" :) :) :) And how cool is it when you see God's plan unfold?
ReplyDelete