
Since the spring Rob and I have been praying for God to show us what our next step was. Should we stay here in PA and trust for a job or should we look to move on. We had originally moved here with a one year commitment while Rob was in school and now that it was over we needed to decide. So it didn't take long before we knew- we were to move on, but not yet and we didn't know where.
We wanted desperately to move to SC near some sweet friends who made a great case for us to move there. I was ready to go without looking at it or even praying, but alas every time we tried to take steps in that direction God said no. Then we tried a place in NC and again He said no and again He said not yet.
It was on 4th of July when I felt strongly that God was saying NOW- now is the time I release you and now is the time to get ready. I said ok, but where? I was quick to remind Him that He had shot down my great ideas, I was still a little bitter about SC! He said don't worry about that. I said, well how? We don' t have the finances. Which he replied, Don't worry about it, I do. So, I made my calculations and asked God to supply that number. From then on I went to the mailbox with an expectant heart. I had no idea where it would come from but everyday, I looked for it.
People asked, so what are you doing to get the money to move and we would say- nothing. Part of us felt irresponsible. We both wanted to run out and get a part time job to help pay for it but God said- I have it covered. So we waited and waited and waited. I cried and got impatient and asked Him what He was waiting for. He would remind me that I can trust Him and so I did.
At one point Malinda asked me, "Are we poor?". (She knew we couldn't move yet because we didn't have the money.) I said, No we aren't, because everything belongs to God and we are His kids and he has promised to share it all with us." I told her it was like when she asked Daddy for something and she knew he would give it to her because everything He has is for us. She was satisfied with this answer and I was reminded and encouraged to not waver in my faith. So, I kept packing and waiting for the mail to arrive. I became excited to see how Father God was going to surprise us with this money.
This morning we were told that the full amount for what we needed will be given to us this weekend. I can not tell you how pleased I was to hear this. How excited I am to tell my daughter that our rich Daddy has taken care of us once again. I can get used to this trusting God for everything. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyways? Not worry about tomorrow? Not worry about anything? Know that God loves us and as His sons we are privy to all that is His. It was easy to sit back and trust for this money to come in but I have to say that it was easier then in the past. Hopefully this means I might be beginning to get this concept!
We wanted desperately to move to SC near some sweet friends who made a great case for us to move there. I was ready to go without looking at it or even praying, but alas every time we tried to take steps in that direction God said no. Then we tried a place in NC and again He said no and again He said not yet.
It was on 4th of July when I felt strongly that God was saying NOW- now is the time I release you and now is the time to get ready. I said ok, but where? I was quick to remind Him that He had shot down my great ideas, I was still a little bitter about SC! He said don't worry about that. I said, well how? We don' t have the finances. Which he replied, Don't worry about it, I do. So, I made my calculations and asked God to supply that number. From then on I went to the mailbox with an expectant heart. I had no idea where it would come from but everyday, I looked for it.
People asked, so what are you doing to get the money to move and we would say- nothing. Part of us felt irresponsible. We both wanted to run out and get a part time job to help pay for it but God said- I have it covered. So we waited and waited and waited. I cried and got impatient and asked Him what He was waiting for. He would remind me that I can trust Him and so I did.
At one point Malinda asked me, "Are we poor?". (She knew we couldn't move yet because we didn't have the money.) I said, No we aren't, because everything belongs to God and we are His kids and he has promised to share it all with us." I told her it was like when she asked Daddy for something and she knew he would give it to her because everything He has is for us. She was satisfied with this answer and I was reminded and encouraged to not waver in my faith. So, I kept packing and waiting for the mail to arrive. I became excited to see how Father God was going to surprise us with this money.
This morning we were told that the full amount for what we needed will be given to us this weekend. I can not tell you how pleased I was to hear this. How excited I am to tell my daughter that our rich Daddy has taken care of us once again. I can get used to this trusting God for everything. Isn't that what we are supposed to do anyways? Not worry about tomorrow? Not worry about anything? Know that God loves us and as His sons we are privy to all that is His. It was easy to sit back and trust for this money to come in but I have to say that it was easier then in the past. Hopefully this means I might be beginning to get this concept!
No comments:
Post a Comment