After we had a wonderful time with the family we stopped for a quick shopping trip on our way home. Malinda, my assistant as she called herself, accompanied me into the dressing room and as I struggled to get a top on I hear my assistant's voice saying..."Remember Mommy, you are perfect the way you are. What makes you beautiful is your insides." At that moment I needed to hear those words and I quickly and silently prayed that she would truly live by those words. Now to remember that she is watching to see if I do.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
She's Listening
What a wonderful day we had today! It was full of lunch with family, carnival games, prizes a shopping trip and a yummy dinner in front of a family movie. So much fun! It was just what we needed- all of us. In fact Malinda has been asking all week when we were going to celebrate Sabbath. We had planned for tomorrow but by the end of the evening we all felt like we had enjoyed Sabbath today. Maybe tomorrow will be part 2?
So, as we were getting ready to head out this morning. Malinda, who was very excited to meet my Aunt, Uncle and cousins came prancing into my room with her best plastic pearl necklace and bracelet set on and asked if she looked perfect? I looked at her and knowing my little girl I knew she was trying her best to look just right for the family she was meeting today. I knelt down and told her she looked beautiful but she was perfect just the way she was with or without her pretty jewels. She was perfect whether she brushed her hair or wore her pajamas because what makes you beautiful is what is inside. She wrapped her arms around me and told me I was perfect too and proceeded to tell me I should go to lunch just as I was with my exceptionally crazy bed hair and frumpy pajamas.We laughed it off and I sent her on her way as I got ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment