Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oh What a Day!


About three years ago Father God looked at me and wanted to express His love to me and He thought and thought of how He can best show me how much He loves me. He must have considered many different ways to express such love but ultimately He decided only one way would truly express His great love for me. So, He blessed me a second time with what my heart had cried out to him for so long- a child. He blessed me with my Samuel.
A boy who I never planned for and has been turning my world upside down ever since. How great is the Father's love for me! He knew just what I needed in a child. One who is a little loud, a little pushy and a whole lot of lovey! He knew I needed someone just like Sam in my life and I am forever grateful for this child. If I ever question Father God's love for me all I need to do is look at my Sam and know how much He loves me!







Today has been perfectly sweet! I was welcomed by my 2 year old baby coming down the stairs wearing his birthday crown making blowing noises as he ran to the kitchen. He seemed to know that his birthday muffins would be waiting for him with candles- he was right! After breakfast he opened his presents from us and we just enjoyed a lazy morning of watching our kids play with these fun new toys. Tonight we will enjoy homemade pizzas and ice cream sundaes which we will all help with and I will clean up afterwards.I told Rob that for some reason I finally feel like he is here to stay. Rob gave me that look he usually reserves for conversations that start with "If I were to die tomorrow....." I am not sure where I thought Sam was going up until this morning but for some reason I feel like he is finally ours really truly ours. Mine- my baby boy- my son- my gift of love from a loving Father.


Happy Birthday, Samuel Robert, you are a joy, an adventure, an expression of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment