Years ago we somehow acquired a box set of cards to memorizes scriptures from The Message. I don't think either of us have ever really used it but we both intend to and somehow it's even missing the week 2 card. Anyway, since Malinda is now memorizing scripture (and trying to use it against others...we'll have to work on that) I figured I should probably give it a whirl myself.
So, week one was Deuteronomy 7:9 "Know this: God, your God, is God indeed, a God you can depend upon. He keeps his covenant of loyal love with those who love him and observe his commandments for a thousand generations." (The Message)There is so much to be said about this scripture alone but it was when I read the chapter in it's entirety that I really got excited.
I am not sure if it's the lesson learned or the simplicity of it all that excites me more! As I read Deuteronomy 7 I see it's a powerful chapter full of instructions and encouragement from the Father to His children as they prepare to enter the land He had promised them. So many lessons to be learned but the simplest most practical lesson, in my opinion, is found in verse 22 "The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you." (NIV) The Message says it this way, God, your God, will get rid of these nations, bit by bit. You won't be permitted to wipe them out all at once lest the wild animals take over and overwhelm you.
There are so many time that I know I am where I am supposed to be in life. It may look like chaos and a complete mess to anyone else but I KNOW it's exactly where I am supposed to be, yet I get frustrated when Father God doesn't take care of all the hurdles in my way. I get distracted and begin to feel forgotten, abandoned, duped by God. I mean after all, if He wants me in a particular season wouldn't He remove the very things keeping me from living in my dream home? I mean I get it that He is in control and everything is in His timing yada yada yada. BUT this verse gives me an explanation as to why sometimes, He moves slower than makes sense to me or anyone else!
It's because He LOVES me! He is protecting me from an unknown danger. He knows that in the absence of some obstacles other more challenging obstacles will swoop in and possibly overtake me. Yet, again, everything He does, and I mean EVERYTHING He does is because He loves me. Sometimes those obstacles that seem so big and scary and really should have been dealt with already is actually still there, to protect me.
So, I guess I either trust Him or I don't.....my choice won't affect His love for me. It only affects how well I am able to receive it.
This is excellent and needs to be taught to everyone who will listen.
ReplyDelete