I love New Year's for all the same reasons most people do. The chance to reflect on the past, change things about life for the future and of course an excuse to eat what you want one last time before the holidays are over. For me this year it's a little different. As I am reflecting I am seeing all the ways Father God has pressed me, molded me and stripped me of the useless things in my life. I am seeing that this past year was full of His handiwork and He took me places I never thought I would go. As I look forward to the coming year it's not with a list of changes I want to make, although I could come up with plenty, but rather it is with an open and willing heart to whatever the Father has in store for me.
When I was living in Ambridge, PA (that would be 2 moves ago) I prayed a sincere prayer that Father God would restore me to be the person He had originally designed me to be. I asked Him to bang out all the dents that life, sin and stupidity had left on me. I asked Him to restore me to my original purpose, no matter how painful that would be for me. Well, He has been faithful to honor that prayer ever since. (I'll save the stories of how He answered that prayer for another time or ten.) This year has been full of those changes and although it feels uncomfortable at the moment, like the soreness or downright pain after a good workout, I am begging Him for more because the results are amazing.
So, this coming year I am simply praying the prayer again,
Father, I love you and I want to be what you designed me to be. I am tired of living life broken, dented, lost and useless. I want to be the person you thought of when you saw me in my mother's womb. I want to be as beautiful as you meant for me to be. So, I invite you to continue this process of restoring me back to my original purpose. It has been painful but I can see the results and you are right- I am beautiful. Please, don't leave me for a second as I can not get through this process alone. I need you so very much and I love you even more! So, let's start this new year off right- just please take the lead. I love you.
Happy 2010, Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment