Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thoughts From Zumba

So, I gave Zumba another try tonight. Our apartment complex offers a weekly Zumba class for residents and I finally made it to one. I got there a little late but I was able to jump right in and I thought I would share some of the things that were running though my head tonight.
  1. I am the most uncoordinated Puerto Rican I know!
  2. There is something comforting about having an instructor with a larger arse than your own.
  3. I am meant for so much more.
  4. The class is a lot more fun when you laugh at yourself.
  5. Even though I looked like a red faced sweaty mess there were times I felt amazingly strong and sassy!
  6. There is no such thing as anonymity when you are a CARES Team. I walked into the gym to shake and bounce my way through a class surrounded by my neighbors.  There is nothing like being sweaty, clumsy and shaking my ass all while being surrounded by people I have visited and brought cookies too.
  7. Having the right Zumba instructor makes all the difference.
  8. I really want to learn Spanish so I know what I am dancing to in here.
  9. Maybe if I wasn't thinking about all of these things I would  figure out the moves faster.
  10. Oh and the loudest thing running through my head was.....Am I as sweaty as the instructor???


So True.....

1 comment:

  1. Great description the only thing that would have made it better would be a video!

    ReplyDelete