Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Possibilities

So this afternoon I got to do one of my favorite things....analyze and talk about ME. It was one of those get to know your personality and strengths type things. I LOVE doing this type of stuff and although Rob grumbles about it he was rather giddy today and seemed to enjoy it as well. 

So, the outcome of the test we took  about our strengths generates the top 5 talents/strengths of each person. The things that seem to determine our behavior the majority of the time. It was so dead on that with a little help I was able to see clearly how each of these strengths were being demonstrated in my life and the lives of those around me.

What I found interesting was so much of what Rob and I have done in the past was with an understanding or assumption that other gifts or strengths were present but in reality those strengths were not naturally part of our make up. Those areas were assumed and or forced upon us and thus we felt frustration and eventually failure. Today as I looked at our lists I saw possibilities and hope. I saw that just because we felt as if we had failed in the past does not mean that we have nothing to offer. Instead what I see is possibilities. We may not be what we thought we were, but even better, now we know what we are and what we can do with that.

I see possibilities before me. Opportunities to grow- to succeed- to live out what God designed me to do. It's exciting and fun and full.

******

To my RESPONSIBILITY friend who bailed us us out this morning by sending us our results via text....I get it and really appreciate you working hard to not make us feel irresponsible when we forget major things such as our results! Love you, girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment