| Ready for Vacation! |
So this past week Rob and I took a few days to celebrate our Anniversary. In December we will be married for 14 years!!! Crazy! Last year we had decided that only crazy young people trying to accommodate family get married five days before Christmas, thus we now celebrate our 1/2 anniversaries. Our hope is to turn our actual anniversary into a fun family day celebrating the start of the Franklin family.
Anyway, so bright and early on Monday the kids were whisked away by their grandparents and Rob and I headed to an ultra exclusive bed and breakfast just a few short miles from the Bay.....known as Chateau de Franklin. As we planned for this celebration I really had to wrap my head around not physically going away, but it really turned out marvelous!
| Not sure who was more excited! |
I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom, got new bedding, Rob supplied the apartment with old lady flowers and voila! We had a calm, peaceful, fresh place to call our own for three days. Of course we didn't stay home all that much. We enjoyed moving at our own pace without having to endure whiny meltdowns, multiple potty breaks and cranky little people needing naps....well I didn't but Rob might feel differently! It was wonderful! We enjoyed the movies which we may or may not have snuck into, walking the Strand in hellashish heat and enjoying my first Margarita.....which I might add was scrumptious and I was looked at very strangely by the waitress when I mentioned I had never had one, so I told her it was my first day out of the convent. (do nuns drink?)
Some interesting sites I saw:
The painful experience of watching a 12ish year old boy out on a date with his mom and her boyfriend. Can we say awkward and painful?! It took the mom about 3 glasses of wine before she noticed he was there.
- The father rushing his 6ish little girl out of the heeeeeelarious (but highly inappropriate) movie, Bridesmaids. Seriously, this movie was way too funny and totally inappropriate. It was rated R- why did he think it was ok for her????? I am hoping he went next door to Kung Fu Panda 2.
- The creepy man at Barnes and Nobles who came up behind me (invading my personal space I might add) holding two prescriptions bottles and asked me if he could help me find something. He reassured me he worked there, although he was not dressed in a uniform or anything andwell did I mention he was carrying drugs?! Creeeeeepy!
- Oh and waaaay too many painful images of women wearing bikinis who really really really should invest in more material.
No comments:
Post a Comment