Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

So This is Living

My kids are napping after a full morning with their Nana who took them on a 2 mile walk carrying water so they can experience what children around the world go through to get clean water. My husband is painting a wall in the living room and I have returned from some alone time perusing the stores for birthday surprises. I watch the clock knowing that in a few hours we will head to Houston to be the church with our amazing friends to a group of men and women who need to know they are loved and not forgotten.

For so long our schedule has been dictated by programs and commitments that we barely had time to breathe. Time to live life. Our lives have been consumed with other people's lives, programs, etc. Which at the time we loved being apart of people's lives and serving them, but honestly there was such an imbalance that it began to really take a toll on our lives. No more did we know who we were outside of the roles we filled for others.

Here we are now living a new life.  A life that in many ways feels richer and more satisfying. It's a time of discovery for us. I am longing to try new things I never imagined I would. There is time to sit back and watch as our kids grow and experience new things. We are learning to be friends and enjoying the friendships we have been blessed with us.

I am so thankful that Father God heard our prayers and did not forget us. He is so loving and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment