Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Love To The Fourth Degree

Another example of what I am now calling the Restore and More Principle.....You know what I am talking about. The way God not only restores to us what was lost, stolen, taken, given away but when we surrender it all to Him He always gives us back more than we lost.

So, here we are in what could be a very stressful situation. Seven people, Four generations and two nervous but sweet chihuahuas living in a 3 bedroom house. If you know me in the least bit right now you are cringing for me, knowing that I LOVE quiet and solitude and privacy and control of my environment. Well, I am discovering what I love even more is how good God is and how beautiful family can be.

I never had the opportunity to be close to either set of my grandparents. Not close geographically or relationally. I always longed for it and tried to force it a couple of times but was always left with a feeling of rejection and sadness. When I married my strong stable Texan I didn't realize that along with amazing in laws (even if I didn't always acknowledge that) I was getting 4 extraordinary grandparents. I was able to immediately see how each of these 4 people had had a hand in shaping my husband. I have had the privilege of living with two of them and learning from them as they share stories from their lives.

It didn't take long for me to see how Father God had sent me four grandparents who embraced me as one of their own. I was sure to tell them how much they meant to me and how they in many ways were the grandparents I never had the chance to know. I made sure they knew that God had placed them in my life to restore something I had longed for.

And now for the MORE.....I am watching my crazy sweet babies interacting with their great grandparents and loving it! To watch Sam speak in his jumbled up two year old way to Big Daddy who is not hearing so well these days is hilarious. They carry on with each other as though they were the best of friends and it's great. I am loving watching Malinda dance for her Meema at the nursing home and seeing a smile light up on Meema's face when no one else can put a smile there. And oh what fun we will have in a couple of weeks when Great Grandad shares live Bluegrass music with my music loving Malinda! It's beautiful and I am willing to give up the quiet and solitude for while to watch the beauty of God's blessings!

[If I knew where my camera bag was this post would be accompanied by some great pictures...grrr]

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I wish I knew my grandparents also. I only knew my matronly maternal grandmother who refused to learn or speak english. Enjoy the time you have now and let your kids enjoy their stay because it will not last forever.

    ReplyDelete