I am broken and dented beyond recognition.
You designed me and this can't be what you had in mind.
As my Father you must be saddened to see me so far from my potential and purpose.
So, take me and turn me into the person I was designed to be.
Restore me to who you created me to be.
I am a broken and defiled vessel that was meant for beauty and purpose.
Do whatever it takes to restore me to my original design.
Reach inside of me and bang out the dents. Sand over the blemishes and gouges that have been left behind after sin and hurt have had it's way with me.
I know this won't feel good but I want this pain.
I want the healing pain that comes
from the restoration process
whatever it will take to look like the me you meant for me to be.
This was my prayer 3 years ago and oh how Father God took me up on it! What followed was a season that can only be described as dark, uncomfortable, agonizingly painful and oh so beneficial. The season was rough to say the least but it served an incredible purpose! By no means do I feel as if I have arrived but in so many ways I can look at myself and see how Father God has changed me and restored me. So as He takes us on the next leg of our journey I can't help but wonder what is next. What hard lesson will I learn to continue this process of restoration? This was His answer to me....
I have finished with the sanding, the banging out of dents, the saudering and the truly painful lessons. I am in no way finished with you but the worse of it is over. Now it's time for me to polish you and fill you with good things. Things of joy and satisfaction. In order to restore you to be the person I designed you to be I had to get rid of the grime but I also have to fill you with joy and beauty. This is a season of joy and good things.
Enjoy it! Live it! Love it!
Because, I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment