Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Body

Wow! So this past Monday I decided to get back on track with my health. Since my pregnancy with Sam I have developed horrible habits. I have really begun to feel it these past 7 months and it was time to do something about it. So, I got my head in the game and made my plan and jumped right in. It has been a pretty smooth week so far. What I have been amazed at is how one area of your life is so effected by other areas. You make a change in one area and you begin to feel it somewhere else.

I am using the Weight Watcher food plan and using www.sparkpeople.com as an awesome support system! So, as I change my eating habits I have also set some other minor goals such as going to bed between 9:30 and 10 each night, reading scriptures every day and cutting out all sodas!

So, what I am finding is that as I am becoming more disciplined in my eating habits I am becoming more disciplined in other areas too. I WANT to be more disciplined in these other areas. I am finding that it's actually easier. I am doing things I have never done in my past attempts at being healthy (and let me tell you there have been many many attempts). Not only am I seeing these changes in areas of discipline but also this new rush of creativity and purpose.

I love this experience of seeing just how complex we really are. Not merely physical or intellectual or even spiritual. We have so many components that make us who we are and yet they are all connected. As one area of my life is becoming healthier so are the other areas of my life that I have forgotten about. You really can not separate these components of yourself. (This makes me wonder about the recent experience I had with depression. I am working up the bravery to blog about that one.)

So, of course I can not talk about the health of the body and not see a connection to the church who is so often referred to as The Body. So, if one of us in the Body is not in a healthy place or living a healthy lifestyle how will the Body as a whole feel this? So, often churches try and fix lethargy or lack of interest by starting a new program or getting a new vision when really it's probably just a sign that there is something off in the Body. If individuals in the body are living healthy and well disciplined lives won't that spread to others in the body? And if the answer is no then there is a much bigger sickness in that church that a program/vision shift can not touch.

So, anyway, I am feeling healthier, more rested, more energized, hopeful, creative and loved. Could this really be connected with me cutting out the junk and making healthier choices in my life....I think so...and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment