Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

A Splash

Growing up in New England, Fall was always my favorite season. The crisp air, the bright blue sky, the vibrant rich leaves forming canopies of fire or dancing on the street as if they were celebrating the season. The smell of fireplaces and the sound of crunching leaves. It screams of perfection to me! Beauty all around me in a million ways.

Moving to Houston was a no brainer for us. It was close to family, stablish economy and Rob had a job offer. The only thing holding me back? No Autumn. No colors, crispness, no true pumpkin patches. I had to ask Father for grace and strength to make a decision that was good for my family even though it was a sacrifice of beauty.

Three years later and I find myself on the look out for the colors because they are there. I have learned that there is always beauty to be found. I might have to look through the rain or glare of the relentless sun but it is there. A tree with a few orange leaves or a splash of red in the midst of the cattle grazing by the highway.

 I realize that I may not have what I once did but it makes what I do have even more precious. I am learning that I can sit and long for the beauty of yesterday or I can embrace the new beauty of today.







No comments:

Post a Comment