Tonight we were supposed to attend the Maundy Thursday service. We had every intention of going. Then 6:00 rolled around and Rob wasn't home from work yet, I was overwhelmed with everything that had been neglected this past week and for some reason the kids seemed louder than usual (which has nothing to do with the chocolate they have been eating out of their Easter eggs). So, I sat down, hit play and listened to Lent by the Brilliance. I just sat and soaked it all in.
His death- His love-My failures- My freedom- His calling my name- Him- Him
By the time Rob made it home I just wanted to be with the church right there in my home. We talked about pulling out our Resurrection Eggs and maybe grabbing dinner- possibly at Olive Garden at Malinda's request. What we found ourselves doing was so much more precious and real.
The best was hearing Sam tell his daddy "I love you, daddy, you are like Jesus because you love me".
After we were all washed up Malinda lead us in taking communion. Did I mention how excited Sam was? He insisted on serving us the bread. Malinda read the scriptures and we each served each other the bread and juice. It was both powerful and humbling to hear my little ones declare that Jesus had died for me.
Then we read the following..... do you see it?
They sang and went to....that's right OLIVE GARDEN! So, who are we to argue with scripture?! We sang "God's Not Dead" and headed off for some bread sticks!
It was an amazing night of worship with the church!
This is priceless.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I love how the kids became the leaders and took responsibility for seeing communion happened.
ReplyDelete