Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nov 2

I am thankful for all the friends I have had over the years. Some of have been for just a short season and others have been in my life for decades! I could never express how much each of my friends have meant and I would never dream of naming them all but here are a few snippets.

I am thankful for the group of girls in college who loved me in spite of my immaturity and became sisters to me. The ones who taught me how to drive, open a checking account, break up with a boy and buy girly products. They were so much more than just friends to me and will always hold a special spot in my heart. I still love you guys and love the times we reconnect!

The friends who stood by us when Rob was sick. The ones who gave us space, time and patience as we made our way through the journey of cancer. The ones who prayed, laughed and cried with us. The ones who treated Rob like anyone else and let him go on a music festival right after his treatments. You will always hold a special spot in my heart!

The friends we have made along the way at the different churches we have served. Whether in good times or not so good, the friendships have meant the world to us. Often being the one thing that made it hard to move on.

The online friendships I have made are the strangest to me. (For more than one reason....) These are the girls whom I have never met face to face yet could not imagine life without them!

Finally, the friendships of today! We prayed and God did NOT disappoint. This part of the journey is so rich for many reasons but it is so much more beautiful and tasty because of the friends we have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment