Making decisions has always been a hard thing for me. I trust myself very little when it comes to making decisions and I often struggle with the choices before me. It would have been great if Father God had blessed me with a partner who is exceptionally confident in making decisions to act as my counterpart but no. In fact it's one of the few things Rob and I have in common. We are hopelessly indecisive!
Usually I wind up making a decision out of impatience with the process of looking at things from every angle and seeing Rob physically in pain as I wait on him for an answer. One can only analyze something for so long before it becomes ridiculous and embarrassing! Often I will call one of my voices of reason a.k.a. Mom or my sister Kristina. They know me well enough to know when I am waaaay over thinking something or just need to be told go with your gut!
So my latest decision dilemma is what to do with Malinda and school. This decision is not so much about what I want for her but where to find it. We know what we are looking for but frustrated with our options. Why can't I find the perfect solution? The one that meets all that we are looking for! It really shouldn't be this difficult! Why can't I find a school that is challenging, affordable and spiritually nurturing? I find myself feeling that I will have to sacrifice one of those qualities when I shouldn't have to.
I have looked at Christian schools and honestly I am pretty disappointed. I found that most are as expensive as if I was sending her to college and the one that was affordable left a lot to be desired! Of course I could home school her but I want her to "go to school". Literally! Then there is public school which really isn't an option for me right now. I have been pretty diligent about monitoring what I expose my kids to at this early age and I don't see myself sending her to an environment that does not hold some of my standards. (BTW, I grew up in Christian school so yes I am fully aware that she will be exposed to plenty there too.)
So, here I am. Left with very little options. At this point I will apply for a scholarship at the last school I am aware of that seems like a possibility and if that doesn't work I guess I will be ordering some curriculum. Maybe I'll just start my own school or go into politics and change some laws that allow parents to choose which school they want their tax money to go towards!
So, tell me about why you chose what you chose for your kids. I know lots of you have chosen different paths so I would love to hear about your experiences.
I know how you feel w regard to making decisions. I am horrible at it most days. I do know that you and Rob will ultimately make a good decision because of who you are and Who has shaped you. I will try to remember to pray about it for you. Hang in and hang on!
ReplyDeleteThat gut feeling? Holy Spirit!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDelete