Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Up! Really I'm Up!

My kids do NOT believe in sleeping in- ever! It doesn't matter if they skip their naps and go to bed late they are always up early. They laugh in the face of Daylight Savings' Time and the idea of an extra hour of sleep. They can sleep through thunder, loud shoot em up movies, an occasional loud argument at night and even the toilet flushing but if a slug crawls across the front yard at 5:00 AM they will hear it and be up ready to go.

You would think that by now this "morning person" mom would be able to flow with this schedule. HAH! You're wrong! Every morning when they wake me before 6 or occasionally before 5 I very reluctantly roll out of bed and start the day off with a grumble. I get so irritated and annoyed with the ridiculousness of it all.

So, why when a friend recently proposed we should call each other at 5:45 AM and pray together would I say yes? Well, because it's exactly what I need. I need to start my day out right and although this morning, on day 2, I was not looking forward to the phone ringing I could not wait to pray. I could not wait to hear how I could pray for my friend throughout the day. I couldn't wait to pray with that just woke up voice and share my journey with a sister.

God is so good! He is providing me with everything I have longed for. Friends who get me, get where I am in life, get my crazy kids and are trying to get more of God. God wasn't kidding that He had us in a season of "the good stuff".

2 comments:

  1. :) Can you pray for me in the morning? I am NOT a morning person, but would like to act like I am for my kids in the morning. My patience can be so short when I'm not ready for the day to begin yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! It can really set the tone for the whole day when we start off grumbling!

    ReplyDelete