I am not a big fan of Summer but I do love vacation and Summer makes for so many more options. We took a week and went to my parent's home. They live about 7 mins from the beach and even though they are not on the water for some reason their home felt like a beach house this week- of course it could have been all the sand that we dragged back with us after each trip to the beach.
We kept our week packed full of fun and mostly cheap activities. We went to the beach several times, met up with old friends, had great fun with my family and even celebrated our 12 1/2 Anniversary (who in the world wants to celebrate their anniversary 5 days before Christmas- so we are now honoring our half anniversary!) It was so much fun to play tourist in the town I grew up in and Rob and I lived in early in our marriage. We were quickly reminded of several reasons why we love that area. The water, the history we have their, old friends, the water, fishing buddies for Rob, bearable summers, the water.
In the midst of all this relaxing my dad and I got into this intense conversation about trusting God and not man. About this journey Father God has taken Rob and I on these past 12+ years. A conversation about how scared I am to let go of blessings in order to cling to the one who blesses. It has left me thinking and pondering things and having to revisit so much of what I have lived all of my life. It wasn't what I expected to bring home from vacation- my sun burn, more sand, pictures and cranky overtired kids yes but not a conversation that in many ways is leading me to a new retreat of sorts. A retreat from some of the old trappings of this religion we practice. I guess that's what I get when I stay at my parent's and not the Holiday Inn.
We kept our week packed full of fun and mostly cheap activities. We went to the beach several times, met up with old friends, had great fun with my family and even celebrated our 12 1/2 Anniversary (who in the world wants to celebrate their anniversary 5 days before Christmas- so we are now honoring our half anniversary!) It was so much fun to play tourist in the town I grew up in and Rob and I lived in early in our marriage. We were quickly reminded of several reasons why we love that area. The water, the history we have their, old friends, the water, fishing buddies for Rob, bearable summers, the water.
In the midst of all this relaxing my dad and I got into this intense conversation about trusting God and not man. About this journey Father God has taken Rob and I on these past 12+ years. A conversation about how scared I am to let go of blessings in order to cling to the one who blesses. It has left me thinking and pondering things and having to revisit so much of what I have lived all of my life. It wasn't what I expected to bring home from vacation- my sun burn, more sand, pictures and cranky overtired kids yes but not a conversation that in many ways is leading me to a new retreat of sorts. A retreat from some of the old trappings of this religion we practice. I guess that's what I get when I stay at my parent's and not the Holiday Inn.
No comments:
Post a Comment